Paura, eh? 🙂
No, non sto parlando dei famigerati Shared Services Provider (SSP) del vecchio MOSS 2007, ma bensì di un nuovo utilizzo dello stesso acronimo per Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP).
Il nuovo prodotto, ora in versione RC, è lo strumento per il governo delle VM Microsoft.
Ecco le note del prodotto:
Important: VMMSSP is not an upgrade to the existing VMM 2008 R2 self-service portal. You can choose to deploy and use one or both self-service portals depending on your requirements.
The self-service portal provides the following features that are exposed through a web-based user interface:
- Configuration and allocation of datacenter resources: Store management and configuration information related to compute, network and storage resources as assets in the VMMSSP database.
- Customization of virtual machine actions: Provide a simple web-based interface to extend the default virtual machine actions; for example, you can add scripts that interact with Storage Area Networks for rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- Business unit on-boarding: Standardized forms and a simple workflow for registering and approving or rejecting business units to enroll in the portal.
- Infrastructure request and change management: Standardized forms and human-driven workflow that results in reducing the time needed to provision infrastructures in your environment.
- Self-Service provisioning: Supports bulk creation of virtual machines on provisioned infrastructure through the web-based interface.Helps business units to manage their virtual machines based on delegated roles.